In providing the Service, we collect and obtain information about individual users (“Account Information”) maintained by third parties with whom they have contractual relationships, maintain accounts, or engage in financial transactions (“Third Party Sites”). Fion works with one or more service providers to access this Account Information. Fion makes no effort to review the Account Information for any purpose, including but not limited to accuracy, legality, or non-infringement. Fion is not responsible for the products and services offered by or on Third Party Sites.
Information We Collect
Fion collects information from and about users in a variety of ways. This information includes:
- Information You Provide To Us. We collect information you provide when you use the Service or otherwise communicate with us, including your banking and financial account information from Third Party Sites. If you register an account with us, we will collect the information you provide, such as your name, email address, login credentials for Third Party Sites, banking and financial account names and amounts, bills, and monthly subscriptions. We will also collect your Account Information from Third Party Sites on your behalf and any other information you submit through your use of the Service. We may also collect information through your communications with us.
- Provider-Submitted Information. Our service providers may provide us with information about individual users or assist us in obtaining the Account Information (including a list of financial transactions) from Third Party Sites. We use and disclose this information only in accordance with our provision of the Service.
- Device and Usage Information. Like many online services, we automatically receive standard technical information when you interact with the Service, including browser and device information such as unique device identifiers, internet protocol (IP) addresses (which may identify your general geographic location), browser types, and the date and time of your interactions. We also receive information about your interactions with our Service, such as which website pages you visited and how much time was spent on the page, and which user invited you via a referral code.
We may collect this information using cookies or similar technologies. Cookies are pieces of information that are stored by your browser on the hard drive or memory of your device. Cookies enable us to personalize your experience on the Service, maintain a persistent session, passively collect demographic information, and monitor advertisements and other activities. The Service may use different kinds of cookies and other types of local storage (such as browser-based or plugin-based local storage).
How We Use Your Information
We use information in a variety of ways to provide the Service and to operate our business, including the following:
- Service-Related Usage. We use the information we collect about and from you for a number of purposes, including providing and supporting the Service and analyzing how you use the Service. We also use the login credentials you provide for the Third Party Sites to retrieve, analyze, and present to you your Account Information.
- Communications. We use your information to communicate with you for Service-related purposes. For example, we may send email to the email address you provide to us for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer service, system maintenance, and other Service-related purposes.
- Improving the Service. We use the information that we collect to understand and analyze usage trends and preferences, to monitor and analyze the effectiveness of the Service, and to improve the Service and develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- Marketing. As permitted by applicable law, we may use information we collect about and from you for marketing purposes, such as providing you with promotional materials that may be useful, relevant, valuable, or otherwise of interest to you. Where required under applicable law, we’ll obtain your prior opt-in consent to send you electronic marketing communications.
How We Share Your Information
We do not share your information with other companies for joint marketing purposes, nor with any third parties so they can market to you. We may share, transfer, or disclose your information if you consent to us doing so, as well as in the following circumstances:
- Service Providers. We share information with third parties who provide services to us, such as customer service, interfacing with Third Party Sites, analytics, website management, information technology, and other similar service providers.
- Comply with Legal Requirements. We may disclose your information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable law and legal processes, respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence, enforce our Terms of Service, protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, or that of our affiliates, you, or others, and allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- Corporate Transactions. We reserve the right to transfer your information to service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a corporate transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another company or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our assets.
- De-Identified Information. We may use your data to create aggregate or statistical information that does not directly identify a specific person, and we may share that information. For example, we may share anonymous and aggregated reports and information on user demographics and traffic patterns with our service providers.
Notice To Minors
The Service is not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18). We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information from individuals under 18 years of age, and no part of the Service is directed to individuals under the age of 18.
Notice To California Residents
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), and subject to certain limitations and exceptions, if you are a California resident, you have specific rights regarding your personal information. This section describes your rights and explains how to exercise those rights:
- Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights. You have the right to request access to more details about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we may have collected about you in the last 12 months.
- Deletion Request Rights. You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
- Non-Discrimination Rights. You have the right not be discriminated against for exercising any of your California privacy rights.
- Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights. To exercise your data protection rights, where applicable, you can submit a request as described in the “How To Contact Us” section below. You may be required to provide additional information necessary to confirm your identity before we can respond to your request.
- Response Timing and Format. We will consider all such requests and provide our response within a reasonable period of time (and within any time period required by applicable law). Please note, however, that certain information may be exempt from such requests, for example if we need to keep the information to comply with our own legal obligations or to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims.
Notice To International Users
In the Event of Merger or Sale
In the event that all or a portion of Fion or its assets are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from users in connection with such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
How To Contact Us
8 The Green
Dover, DE 19901